Rough idle on cold start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HACK BLOCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
been getting a lumpy idle when first starting up in the morning. and today when driving off it gave me some hesitation. I own a tech 2 so I can get pretty much any info but I don't know where to start or how to interpret the info

2011 yukon denali

Last edited:

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
So, no codes then, right? Vehicle info please. Maybe put in a "signature". Fuel pressure? Last tune work? Any recent engine work? Clean the throttle bore? I could guess for quite a while without info.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
been getting a lumpy idle when first starting up in the morning. and today when driving off it gave me some hesitation. I own a tech 2 so I can get pretty much any info but I don't know where to start or how to interpret the info
If it goes away after it has warmed up and you have no other problems then I would start off with cleaning the throttle body & maf, put in a new air filter and run some injector cleaner over the next few tanks of gas, if the problem persist's then you may have other issue's such as a intake leak. you may even look at changing the plugs, wires or coils, plugs & wires are rated for 100k miles, maf sensors start to have problems at 160k or more, coils usually go a long time but i have seen them start to crap out around 200k. if you don't have any codes then it's probably something basic maintenance would remedy.

skipp65

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you have a tech 2 try resetting the fuel compensation

OP
OP
H

HACK BLOCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
regular scanner didn't come up with anything but the tech 2 found a p0121 so I ended up cleaning the throttle body and so far so good