Rooftop Paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smcnair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welp, finally happened. Washed the boy's yukon the other day and the roof paint is peeling off. Is it worth redoing the entire truck or just do the roof? Probably only going to keep this truck until he graduates in two years.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year and model? I’m a proponent of spending some on the truck you know well and has no payment. If you’re keeping it long term go ahead and paint the whole thing and fix body work. You’ll be happier in the long run IMO

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok reset then. It’s going to cost a lot to paint just the roof can you keep it between the roof rails or does the part above the windshield need it? If it’s just to get by and prevent rust I’d tackle it myself.

OP
OP
S

smcnair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I'll do the prep work then take it to someone to paint. Still want it to look good just hate putting money into it for cosmetics.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah that’s a good call. There are lots of options though for doing it yourself. Is it that visible?

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
give it a try. They may not warranty any work they don’t prep but maybe a smaller shop that understands your situation they’ll make it reasonable. Ask what they’d charge both ways you never know.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
A shop, spraying a top surface ( especially roof, you need a ladder to see well)....

Should not be an expensive estimate.
The roof takes a beating from elements...... A good coat of properly applied paint is very important!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157