Roof Rails in Black (rails, not cross bars)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
L

ljn21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently got a quote on wrapping and they actually recommended painting the roof rails because they were not confident wrap would hold up long term. The rails are not totally smooth and have an indented part they thought would start to peel loose over time. They said they would mask the vehicle and paint them in place but I'm not sure how I feel about that
What was the quote cost?

homesick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This may be the last choice but I had mine removed and powder-coated.

My truck's a '95- I don't know how much good it actually did but I told the guy to abort if anything looked old/bad enough to cause a leak after the work. It's been a couple of years and so far so good.

joe

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got another quote from a local body shop to color match all my chrome trim ($2200) and they said to do it correctly they would need to remove everything from the truck, paint it and re-install. Unfortunately for the roof rails that would mean dropping the headliner and I'm not interested in doing that on a brand new vehicle. Their price was to paint everything but the roof rails and window trim. I'm curious if the dealers who are having everything painted black and or body color go this length or if they paint them in place?

Idolan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I wrapped mine
What was the price to wrap? Have you tried to use roof rack bars after the rails were wrapped? Curious if the rails would damage the wrap when they clamp down on the rails.

Also looks like you wrapped the window trim and did the front grill as well. Front grill painted I assume?
$1,600 but that included taking the grill out and fog light surrounds and having them painted, wrapping everything else including white on door handles and molding on lower sides except they used factory black emblems and illuminated black front emblem.

Have not and won't use the roof rails

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts