Roof Rails in Black (rails, not cross bars)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ljn21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Yukon Denali which comes with Chrome roof rails (what’s attached to the roof front to back, not the removable cross bars). Anyone know if the black rails from a Yukon AT4 or maybe the Tahoe Z71 would fit and if so, how would I find part numbers? Couldn’t find anything through google.

HottnesDenali

Reaction score
Was looking into this and yes it does. Decided not to do it bc you have to drop the headliner. Something might break in the process

Dpet88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
image.jpgHi all.

I have a set of OEM black cross bars from my 2021 Yukon Denali. I no longer own the truck and would like to sell the cross bars. They were used once last year and have 2 keys. PM me reasonable offer. Buyer pays shipping

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are people doing with the roof rails when they have their truck blacked out? Are these rails being painted or wrapped? Surely they are not being replaced with black ones are they? I don't like the chrome on our SLT and dealing with the chrome trim seems straight forward but not so sure about the roof rails

OP
OP
L

ljn21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wrapped mine

What was the price to wrap? Have you tried to use roof rack bars after the rails were wrapped? Curious if the rails would damage the wrap when they clamp down on the rails.

Also looks like you wrapped the window trim and did the front grill as well. Front grill painted I assume?

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently got a quote on wrapping and they actually recommended painting the roof rails because they were not confident wrap would hold up long term. The rails are not totally smooth and have an indented part they thought would start to peel loose over time. They said they would mask the vehicle and paint them in place but I'm not sure how I feel about that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons