Rocket Man's 02 Denali Build Thread AKA "THE BEAST"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sgtduckyboy

Reaction score
And now, as it looks today. And my Street Glide, which I built in my Living Room a couple of winters ago. (That picture was taken a while back, before some of my latest mods to the Denali.)
Edit: there has been more done since this picture was taken, including a Whipple supercharger, a cowl hood, completely colormatched Esky roof rack, and rear wiper shave. Read on!
View attachment 65405

View attachment 65406
Really nice looking wheels. I have an 06 Hoe, which you know already and a 17 Road Glide, mostly stock at this point.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really nice looking wheels. I have an 06 Hoe, which you know already and a 17 Road Glide, mostly stock at this point.
Unfortunately the Street Glide was totalled last August and I'm still recovering. Some idiot with no DL or insurance pulled out right in front of me and I t-***** him. My insurance paid me all I had into it and I'm still waiting on a medical/ wages settlement after I heal up and get back to work. It basically wrecked both my shoulders but I'm slowly getting better. Be careful out there.

Travieso

Boooooooost !
Reaction score
ah, Great thread and great built, Although I stop reading at 102 page, You sir have one slick SUV, I wish my SUV was all wheel drive.. Did you ever did something with the transmission? if not how is it holding up, Mine only lasted me about 1 month after I installed my supercharger and after 2 rebuilds and installation of my 4L65's I finally gave up and went with a built 4L80 to Withstand 1,000 HP honestly one of the best upgrades I've ever done. Looking good man !

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
ah, Great thread and great built, Although I stop reading at 102 page, You sir have one slick SUV, I wish my SUV was all wheel drive.. Did you ever did something with the transmission? if not how is it holding up, Mine only lasted me about 1 month after I installed my supercharger and after 2 rebuilds and installation of my 4L65's I finally gave up and went with a built 4L80 to Withstand 1,000 HP honestly one of the best upgrades I've ever done. Looking good man !
You should have a build thread!

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What happened to that forged motor you were putting together?! You the reason I went with the trucker cam and 4l80 lol. Once you feel the shifts of an 80e you wonder why GM ever even put the 60e in their trucks/suvs.

U got PM..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you sir. I would have liked to do a 4l80 retrofit but due to my transfer case and the fact I needed it back on the road quickly, that wasn't an option. There's a group buy on performancstrucks.net to have an adapter machined but it's around $600-800 and they don't have enough people yet; it's been 6 months and they only have a few takers. I had Performabuilt build me a Level 3 "Invincible" 4l60 that will take 800 **. It's meant for supercharged engines. So far so good!

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are still not working Mark, dang brother that wreck must have done a number on you! Get healed up fast!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n