RIP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
O3YUKONXL

O3YUKONXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thankfully alone. Mostly all ok, even the ******* that piled himself and two others into me. He likely wouldn't be, but I was intercepted just as I got back to his van. Was a police officer just off shift following him.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My understanding is that GM first chose Bob Seger's "Like A Rock" in 1986, only to bring it back from 1991-2004.

The genius in that marketing was that it proved to be stating a simple truth...

This era of GM trucks and SUV's may be one of the best ever! A bit safer than the 70's and 80's models, but just as reliable and mechanically durable as those simpler versions.

I am sure later generations have made even more safety improvements, but your 03 Yukon XL protected you very well and you could walk away from it all. "Like a rock..."

Whether you get another 00-06 or move on to something else... Glad you are OK!

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Absolutely so glad you are ok. As stated these vehicles are so durable and safe. My current 2002 Tahoe is our second. Our first 2002 Tahoe was totaled 5 months after we bought it. We were on a cross country camping trip towing a camper. My wife was driving at this point when the camper blew a tire and the camper got away from her. After flipping 1.5 times and landing on the roof we slid to a stop. The camper actually went further down the road. My wife and I, our three girls and two dogs all walked away from the crash. No one was seriously hurt, in fact I was the only one that ended up with stitches on my elbow and a gash on my head. Quite a ride. Continued our vacation trip to the Grand Canyon without the camper after a renting a full size car. Got back from vacation and bought another Tahoe. My wife won't tow anymore but we bought another camper and continue our camping trips to this day.

smcnair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dodge at least one vehicle a day where I can clearly see the person texting. So glad it turned out the way it did. Could have been so much worse. Good luck finding your next vehicle and I hope it serves as well.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
In an accident, the bigger car wins. ( as they say)..... Glad you are OK.

Were you the very front vehicle?? As for insurance loss, remind your insurance adjuster that even though the other vehicles were not "at fault", since they were also hit, the basic fact is, if a vehicle hits your truck, due to the texter, they have a "degree of responsibility" in the collision DAMAGE, and partial loss to your injuries.

( more value loss for you $ )
( Nothing personal against the others... just insurance business).
Not to mention you will be afforded a Small Claim personal suit against the texting idiot to recoup money for a better replacement amount , since they will be ticketed for breaking the text-laws..

A small claim suit is a low-cost investment to go after the texter, to fill in any cash needed for a replacement Tahoe or Yukon XL SLT / Denali with a shiny gold wrap. :cool:

DO NOT SETTLE ANY INJURY CLAIM........ until all damage cash amounts are settled....
and even then, your injury claim may stay open for as much as a year. Then settle the injury claim with a cash value....

....... Not to be morbib ..... What does your 17-year baby look like now?

Last edited:
OP
OP
O3YUKONXL

O3YUKONXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup... felt that way even before kids. Call it 2nd from front. 2/5. Guess I stopped most of it; thrown ahead enough to small dent my bumper and bust head + marker light, w/ a compact in front. Actually 15+ ft. Doors forced and pry open. Some can't. Car behind me was fully off ground, atop the one that was following it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE