Righthand turn only

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pogo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good day. This is my first post and I have a 2014 Tahoe PPV. I attempted to swap the steering wheel with one featuring the radio control with no success. I have installed an aftermarket Boss radio, which works great. With the radio controls style steering wheel installed, I also added the necessary interface and still nothing. I was told by the steering wheel seller, the clock spring may be bad, and the interface manufacturer stated the Tahoe may not have the necessary components to allow the steering wheel radio controls to work. Has anyone else experienced this issue? I just reinstalled the factory steering wheel. Stan

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

I cannot personally help you with your question; however, other members on this Forum that are much more knowledgeable than me will chime in.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good day. This is my first post and I have a 2014 Tahoe PPV. I attempted to swap the steering wheel with one featuring the radio control with no success. I have installed an aftermarket Boss radio, which works great. With the radio controls style steering wheel installed, I also added the necessary interface and still nothing. I was told by the steering wheel seller, the clock spring may be bad, and the interface manufacturer stated the Tahoe may not have the necessary components to allow the steering wheel radio controls to work. Has anyone else experienced this issue? I just reinstalled the factory steering wheel. Stan
you may need to have the correct clock spring in addition to the steering wheel to make it work, not 100% sure on that but if you were adding say a heated steering wheel you would have to have the correct clock spring so I am just assuming this would be the case with adding radio controls as well.

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it a GM steering wheel with the factory radio switches? That is a true plug-and-play, needs nothing else to make it work (no programming or anything, since its just an input).

Does your cruise-control work? Does the light come on in the cluster when you turn it on?

Last edited:

Odii

Reaction score
don't have an answer for you - but could you share what boss HU you got?

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC