Rhino Ramps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have two of those and they've always worked great ... a lot easier and quicker to get the vehicle off the ground than jack stands.

OP
OP
Yukongk

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score

StickerShockPDX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a pair of the 12000# Rhino's. Be aware and check them out to see the fine print. Mine say 12000# but that is for four ramps. The pair I have is only rated for 6000# on their own. Using the jack stands as backup is great advice.

OP
OP
Yukongk

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of the 12000# Rhino's. Be aware and check them out to see the fine print. Mine say 12000# but that is for four ramps. The pair I have is only rated for 6000# on their own. Using the jack stands as backup is great advice.

Really? I need to go read mine....they sell a pair as 16000#, that's a dirty trick to play on someone crawling under their heavy truck. I'm definitely always going to stick jack stands underneath!

StickerShockPDX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yours may be different, but mine are rated 12000#

Looking on the inside they say 3000# each, 6000# pair, and 12000# Gross

OP
OP
Yukongk

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yours may be different, but mine are rated 12000#

Looking on the inside they say 3000# each, 6000# pair, and 12000# Gross

Yea you are correct. Here's what mine say: 4000# each, 8000# per pair, 16000GVW
I guess they are rated like that bc half the vehicle is still on the ground. I think mine should support my truck.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 12

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ramps are pretty easy to build out of wood if you have a circular saw and hammer/screw gun. Heck, you can even use a sawsall if you don't care what they look like. They won't be as light as those plastic things, but they WON'T collapse. Just a thought.

OP
OP
Yukongk

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I returned the Ramps today. For lighter vehicles they are great. Drove a crv on them, and they worked great. Then I drive my Yuk onto the ramps and heard a scary creaking sound. They began to warp a bit. To be fair, the ground wasn't perfectly flat, but show me where I can find perfectly level ground (doesn't exist in my neighborhood).

As it has been suggested I think I'll make some wooden ramps.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 19

StickerShockPDX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That's kind of scary. I had mine on the 6000# pair for an oil change a couple weeks back. I didn't have any of that warpage. I was on a flatish concrete driveway though...

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually have two sets. One set my Grandfather made decades ago so he could get under his 68 Cadillac. That was made from 2X8s (2X10?) and nailed together. I did another pair later, actually making a set for my Dad, since I had the old pair at my house. I used 2X4s and 3/4" plywood. I used deck screws to bolt everything together, which was a mistake, as the deck screws, although easy to install, are kind of brittle, so just about any flexing in the wood would end up snapping the screws. If I fix them, I'd probably use regular steel screws, pre-drilling the pilot holes, and/or nails.

They're heavy, but I don't worry at all rolling our '02 GMC 2500HD diesel up on them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu