Reverse bulbs??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smasal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
neither of my back up lights work? I parked the truck in my driveway and engaged the parking brake and then put the truck in reverse. and nothing on either side. changed the bulbs on both sides and still nothing? they would have come one even with the parking brake engaged right? thought maybe this overided them or something? but where do i go from here? brake lights and running lights both work....

branndon_b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i don't know the details, but there is a reverse switch on the transmission i believe, that may be your culprit. i'll let someone else more versed than me to chime in, but that's probably what happened, the switch went bad.

our97ho

Reaction score
yep we have same problem just havent wanted to get up into the transmission and replace it yet (well hubby hasnt) or it could also be related to a faulty ground or spiced wire for trailer wiring but its something to fix some day!

Diller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is the park/neutral or "Neutral Safety Switch" on the side of the transmission. It way be out of adjustment or defective.

I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, but I'm am a GM parts guy.

Diller
99 Yukon SLT

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700