retrofit or not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rigo_jones

going against
Reaction score
im debating in weather or not to retrofit projectors on my tahoe headlights. or should i buy one of those head lights with built in projectors. if any body has the aftermarket headlights with built in projectors could you please include a picture of the light it projects at night. thanks

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your always going to get better light if you do a proper retrofit. Expensive, but well worth it.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
$675 plus you have to supply two sets of aftermarket headlights for them to piece it all together. So, we're looking at about a grand total. I don't think so. I may try to do the TSX retro myself and save $500.

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol. I think for that price I'd do it myself too. or buy OEMs and do an HID-bulb type swap

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
I've got a guy locally who has done several and is willing to help me for relatively cheap. I need to supply the parts, though. I'm buying TSX projectors from him, but I need everything else. Any ideas on a headlight assembly that we can bake apart? Can't use my stockers, because the lenses are chipped out and epoxied up, so I have to find new assemblies that he can take apart relatively easily to work with. Any ideas, let me know.

Most aftermarket assemblies are glued together and you can't bake them apart is the problem. I don't want to buy OEM GM assemblies, because I'd like to update the look a bit and they are too expensive.

Mike...thanks for the link. It didn't work, but I found http://store.theretrofitsource.com/index.php and they have most of the rest of what I'll need, so I'll probably get it from them. (shrouds, HID's, ballasts)

Last edited:

MikeTheApeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I always forget the dash in that url. It's fixed now.

One thing to note though - If you do a retrofit and put (for example) Acura projectors in, your bulb type is going to change from 9006 to D2S...just note that if you have HID's in eBay projectors now, you'll probably have to get new bulbs after the retrofit.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greygranny