Retro chip installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

prettySUV01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Finally got the chip installed for the front/rear park asssist on my '22 Denali. I can see what it added for front assist, but don't know what was the improvement for the rear assist. Could someone tell me. TIA

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the owners manual give a description of the function of the rear assist.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Prior to the chip install…

Did your backup camera function normally and as it should?

Did the guide lines appear on the screen when your back up camera was activated?

Would your vehicle beep and sound alert as you got closer to an object while reversing? If so, would the sound become louder/faster or different as you got closer to said object?

If you answered “No” to any of the above questions and then after the chip install the answer is now “Yes”…

dcyy

Reaction score
Finally got the chip installed for the front/rear park asssist on my '22 Denali. I can see what it added for front assist, but don't know what was the improvement for the rear assist. Could someone tell me. TIA
What it added in for rear assist is exactly the same as front assist with warning display in DIC and alarms

ZKWBQD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hated having that chip. I couldn't wait to remove it. I can't stand all the beeping. The camera is good for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo