Retractable Cargo Cover Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Steve Waddington

Steve Waddington

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, here's the main problem in trying to find one that fits...MOST of the ads read something like this one that's on ebay right now..."2000 - 2006 GM Chevy Tahoe Suburban GMC Yukon XL Escalade Cargo Cover Tan 66" (some of them don't even give dimensions, they just say will fit Tahoe, Suburban, Yukon, etc")

Is there ANY Tahoe made from 00-06 that will accomodate a 66" cover???? Aren't NBS Tahoes all the same?

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
So, here's the main problem in trying to find one that fits...MOST of the ads read something like this one that's on ebay right now..."2000 - 2006 GM Chevy Tahoe Suburban GMC Yukon XL Escalade Cargo Cover Tan 66" (some of them don't even give dimensions, they just say will fit Tahoe, Suburban, Yukon, etc")

Is there ANY Tahoe made from 00-06 that will accomodate a 66" cover???? Aren't NBS Tahoes all the same?

No tahoe will take that one.

OP
OP
Steve Waddington

Steve Waddington

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, just out of curiosity, which model WOULD the 66" fit? Are Suburbans wider inside? Yukons or Yukon XLs? Escalades? I'm thinking that these sellers are just passing down mis-information from other ads (copy/paste) cause it's prevalent in all the ads I see from different sellers. "Fits Tahoe/Suburban/Yukon".

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
So, just out of curiosity, which model WOULD the 66" fit? Are Suburbans wider inside? Yukons or Yukon XLs? Escalades? I'm thinking that these sellers are just passing down mis-information from other ads (copy/paste) cause it's prevalent in all the ads I see from different sellers. "Fits Tahoe/Suburban/Yukon".

The 66 will fit in any of the long wheel base trucks.

Suburban, Yukon XL, escalade ESV.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Tahoes have different mounting points then the Suburbans. That's why the different dimensions. You already know where yours mounts--right behind the 2nd row, up high, on the Suburbans the shade mounts somewhere below the rear side cargo area glass, it's lower and wider so that's why the 66 inches fit. I hope I'm explaining it correctly and not confusing you.

OP
OP
Steve Waddington

Steve Waddington

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get it! Thanks guys!
I guess there's a lot of other stuff that would be interchangeable between Tahoes and Suburbans, so these sellers just ASSUME the cargo cover will fit either.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I get it! Thanks guys!
I guess there's a lot of other stuff that would be interchangeable between Tahoes and Suburbans, so these sellers just ASSUME the cargo cover will fit either.
There's a guy about an hr from me selling one from a Yukon for $100. Overpriced imo, but they are out there.Screenshot_20180926-215020_letgo.jpg Screenshot_20180926-215012_letgo.jpg
https://letgo.onelink.me/O2PG/c6e11a9b
posted by Carlito

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The suburban shades are wider because of the wheel well. The rear axle sits right behind the second row in the standard wheel base(tahoe/Yukon), because of that the rear plastics where the mounting points for the shade are located are more narrow. I looked at a tahoe that I detailed the other day because I was wondering. Whereas in the suburb and and the Yukon xls, the rear axle and wheel well is further back so the mounting point for the shade is wider apart.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01