Request for Parts Help - Fog Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LGSONE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The primary would be the wiring from the parking light positive to activate the relay so the secondary side is the power from the battery to the relay and when the primary is closed / activated, it will send power out to the fog lights. This way you totally isolated the higher current draw to just the battery. HTH

LGSONE

affliction4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The primary would be the wiring from the parking light positive to activate the relay so the secondary side is the power from the battery to the relay and when the primary is closed / activated, it will send power out to the fog lights. This way you totally isolated the higher current draw to just the battery. HTH

LGSONE
So would this cause the fogs to run all the time since the parking lights are tied into the drl

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

LGSONE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I'd have to look at how my lights come on but you could use one of the side marker lights possibly for the relay primary and then they would only come on with the auto or lights on setting.

LGSONE

dcp17420

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think if I can't figure out how to use factory fog switch. I'll just connect to relay using side marker . Then fog lights would only come on with high and low beams

affliction4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think if I can't figure out how to use factory fog switch. I'll just connect to relay using side marker . Then fog lights would only come on with high and low beams

But would this not still cause the fogs to run all the time if you leave your lights on auto?

Angel87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any new updates if anyone has installed oem/aftermarket foglight kits??

whitlecj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone care to explain the wiring of these to a layman? I am wanting to add fogs to my LT suburban and have no idea how best to wire these up. I don't care if they are on all the time the headlights are on but would like them to go off on brights. Thanks!

dcp17420

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
But would this not still cause the fogs to run all the time if you leave your lights on auto?

I have currently installed on my wife's tahoe . I have my lights hooked up to trailer parking lights fuse to control fog light relay. When the lights are on auto the fog lights only come on when head lights are needed .

affliction4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have currently installed on my wife's tahoe . I have my lights hooked up to trailer parking lights fuse to control fog light relay. When the lights are on auto the fog lights only come on when head lights are needed .
So do you have an LT or LTZ? I have the LT and the headlights are on with the drl

dcp17420

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So do you have an LT or LTZ? I have the LT and the headlights are on with the drl

We have LT model but if u look carefully. The headlights are on during the day but not the parking lights . That's why I tapped the trailer parking lights fuse . Once it gets dark enough at dusk the parking lights come on and your headlights go full power. That's when the fog lights would then turn on.