Replica OEM wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t personally have any experience with replica wheels. I know alot of guys here run them on their trucks with no issues. I also know that like @Rocket Man has said there are several brands that are known, trusted good quality.

That being said I always see good deals on new, almost new or somewhat used factory takes offs for good prices. I’ve changed up wheels three times in the last few years now since stepping up to 20s, all factory takes offs and all good deals had either on Craigslist, Fb marketplace, and one set that a mechanic shop I used to detail for had that he was selling for a customer. There’s always tons of wheels listed for good prices. My current set of wheels are factory 21 yukon 20s. Paid $900 for what was at the time a brand new factory wheel that had an $1800 on GMC’s build feature online. Sorry goes that the gal ordered a brand new Denali and opted for 22s, waited somewhere like 6 or 7 months for her truck build to get accepted, she finally got it in, but her wheels were back ordered 6-8 weeks more and she was fed up so she had the sewer put standard 20s on it they had in stock, she took the truck and then went to a wheel shop she knew and had replica 22s put on it. The 20s had less than 100 miles on them according to her when I picked them up Memorial Day weekend of 2021. They were immaculate when I picked them up so i was inclined to believe what she said about them having less than 100 miles on them. I’m not knocking replica wheels, but there’s always tons of factory wheels available to buy out there.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys that keep telling him to buy factory take-offs: read post #13. He said he’s coming up empty trying that. I know when I was looking at wheels there wasn’t anything available in the size, finish and style I wanted. With reps, you have a much bigger choice and you can get them in options the factory never offered.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Try here.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Try here.
Not much there for our trucks unfortunately.

Reaction score
Try here.
They have some like mine, but mine have the machined face

Reaction score
I’ve been running 22’s that I originally bought for winter wheels instead of the 26’s I had on ( I bent one in the dark rain wintery potholed road) and decided I liked these so they stayed. Our roads are terrible and for a daily I would feel iffy with 26’s, 24’s maybe but 22’s I don’t feel any chance of damage from potholes unless it’s a catastrophic event in which case more than the wheel will be damaged. Even 24’s would probably be ok. I run 26” billet aluminum wheels on my show truck and even though I drive around every single thing, I still bent one slightly. Here’s my 22” reps after 3 years.

Edut: sorry they’re not clean, it’s raining here so that will have to wait.
The rain you're getting now I'll be getting late Thursday night

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They used to have more. I got mine from there. I think the guy was about ready to kill me with how picky is was about finish. Remember the bubbly chrome?
Oh yeah I remember. And those were OEM and had problems, iirc?

djstress

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I dont understand that reply at all. If the OEM factory is making the wheels then why are they called replicas and not OEM factory wheels?
I have seen replica wheels not welded completely around the inner center rim they had about a 1 inch long bead maybe 8 of them and the same oem wheel was welded all the way around, I would never touch a replica wheel.
The OEM wheels are out of production for the 2015-2019 GM trucks but the company where they were made continues to produce them without the GM stamp.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dlshort21