Replica OEM wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve been running reps for years, love them. But like any other aftermarket part, some are good and some aren’t. I go by the brand; there’s a few well known brands ie OE Wheels LLC, Factory Reproductions ( I went with them because they had a longer finish warranty - 2 years and a good reputation) etc. I do not recognize the brand listed in that ad which to me means they’re unbranded which I would avoid personally. I see no warranty info either. Or reviews. So that’s a huge no for me, no matter the price which doesn’t seem really very good. :p

Down8

Reaction score
A lot of factories pump out "replicas" when they aren't shipping to GM's factories (or any OEM). Tooling is not making money if it's not running. Also it's expensive, so not just every Joe-Schmoe-Co. is gonna spin up something that won't sell. Of course this changes over time, OEM tooling gets sold off, popular designs get copied, etc.

If it's a newer design, probably same factory as OEM, just de-branded. If it's been around, it might be OEM tooling sold off, or (if it's popular) it might actually be a replica, new tooling, non-OEM factory, with unknown quality control (unless they have a reputation they want to keep).

Of course, with wheels, a true failure (outside finish flaking) would be a massive lawsuit, and end most any janky company, so I would not be too scared of any wheel that has an actual company attached to it.

My pennies,
-bZj

OP
OP
gilboyj

gilboyj

Reaction score
I’ve been running reps for years, love them. But like any other aftermarket part, some are good and some aren’t. I go by the brand; there’s a few well known brands ie OE Wheels LLC, Factory Reproductions ( I went with them because they had a longer finish warranty - 2 years and a good reputation) etc. I do not recognize the brand listed in that ad which to me means they’re unbranded which I would avoid personally. I see no warranty info either. Or reviews. So that’s a huge no for me, no matter the price which doesn’t seem really very good. :p
Will check these brands out, thx!

Reaction score
The wheels in my sig are from OE Wheels. I've had them for exactly 1 year and they're holding up fine. They were packaged very well and look/feel to be good quality.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might visit a couple dealers' service shops and see what they have in stock. They usually have new takeoffs from vehicles that have been sent to be customized in different ways for the huge dealer markup. Could get brand new wheels and factory installed/balanced quality tires for not much more than the Ebay price for the wheels. Worth a look.

tooleyondeck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think @Rocketman23 pointed you in the best direction. That eBay listing is steep considering those wheels have $139 iMove tires on them (had to look up that brand). That's out of line for your 21+ Yukon

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why do Americans assume that everyone else in America drives exclusively on bumpy dirt roads regularly?

When I got my 24's, I got the "pothole" & " rough terrain" warnings and skeptics assuming they wouldn't last long.
If that's the look that you want, go for it.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve been running 22’s that I originally bought for winter wheels instead of the 26’s I had on ( I bent one in the dark rain wintery potholed road) and decided I liked these so they stayed. Our roads are terrible and for a daily I would feel iffy with 26’s, 24’s maybe but 22’s I don’t feel any chance of damage from potholes unless it’s a catastrophic event in which case more than the wheel will be damaged. Even 24’s would probably be ok. I run 26” billet aluminum wheels on my show truck and even though I drive around every single thing, I still bent one slightly. Here’s my 22” reps after 3 years.

Edut: sorry they’re not clean, it’s raining here so that will have to wait.

Attachments

• IMG_1463.jpeg
    IMG_1463.jpeg
    374.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1462.jpeg
    IMG_1462.jpeg
    278.8 KB · Views: 7

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSpork