Replacing steering parts help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KarenZ71

Reaction score
Hello, I am in the process of replacing a few steering parts. Pitman arm, idler arm, inner and outter tie rods and tie rod ends. I'm wanting to see what kind of parts have been working for others. Im kind of limited on time so shipping time is a factor. I see 1AAuto has a kits and i could get in a day here in Kansas, and of course major part stores. There's mixed reviews on ac delco parts. So in a way I'm looking for cheap since it is a 2004 with 150-160k but also not to cheap.

Let me know what would be a good choice.?

Thanks

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought the kit from 1A for a 2005 all installed a couple weeks ago along with a rebuilt gear box, feels like a new truck, can't say if it will last or not but it's good as of the install

OP
OP
K

KarenZ71

Reaction score
@Doubeleive Thanks for replying! I did see those kits pretty fast shipping also. They appear to be a solid part. On their install video it shows them installing a tie rod end that has a grease zerk on the end. This must be a newer design I'm thinking. Guess this is really my concern if it'll last since I will be using this to travel some. Almost seems like there's only 2 ways to go at this point. With a kit or buy in pieces

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Doubeleive Thanks for replying! I did see those kits pretty fast shipping also. They appear to be a solid part. On their install video it shows them installing a tie rod end that has a grease zerk on the end. This must be a newer design I'm thinking. Guess this is really my concern if it'll last since I will be using this to travel some. Almost seems like there's only 2 ways to go at this point. With a kit or buy in pieces
the only part I bought new oem was the idler, the rest was this kit
TRQ which is 1A's brand
the gear box I pulled from the wrecking yard it was a super clean rebuilt one just sitting there ready to be plucked, somebody had taken dam near everything and left the gearbox, lol