Replacing Serpentine belt on a 2014 Chevy Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clare

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have checked the internet for instructions on replacing a serpentine belt on my 2014 Tahoe. Unfortunately the newest example I could find is a 2010 5.3 L. The tensioner and routing looks different than mine. On line it looks simple but I'm thinking GM might have changed something that would make this job more difficult. Has anyone replaced one of these belts on a 2014 or later 5.3L? Where can I find instructions on this?

Reaction score
I have checked the internet for instructions on replacing a serpentine belt on my 2014 Tahoe. Unfortunately the newest example I could find is a 2010 5.3 L. The tensioner and routing looks different than mine. On line it looks simple but I'm thinking GM might have changed something that would make this job more difficult. Has anyone replaced one of these belts on a 2014 or later 5.3L? Where can I find instructions on this?
Is there not a sticker under the hood on the radiator cover showing the belt routing?

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert
It should also be in your owners manual with a good pic. it is a simple task, i consider myself an accomplished mech but i can absolutely confuse myself on the belt routing without the diagram! you can do this with the diagram.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Study the original belt routing, or take a pic of it, then remove the old belt and replace with the new.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perish the thought....study...

Betcha its off already...;)

LOL
I fully admit that the first time I looked at replacing a serpentine belt it was intimidating. I thought that I would surely screw something up, but good. I studied the darn thing for 10 minutes before getting a pair and just doing it. lolol

Derick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just doodle on a piece of whatever is handy with the existing routing.....easy to reference and you don't have to study it for so long.

OP
OP
C

Clare

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for your help, folks. Ha Ha!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts