Replacing factory back-up camera with after-market

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CM Burns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My back-up camera has failed on my 2014 Tahoe, has anyone swapped the factory for an after market camera? Any recommendations?

Did you have to take the panel off the tailgate inside to get to it? (if so, this will be a perfect time to put sound-deadening in my tailgate to stop my subs from rattling)

Thanks in advance.

Warriorpluto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My back-up camera has failed on my 2014 Tahoe, has anyone swapped the factory for an after market camera? Any recommendations?

Did you have to take the panel off the tailgate inside to get to it? (if so, this will be a perfect time to put sound-deadening in my tailgate to stop my subs from rattling)

Thanks in advance.
Just take the cover off from the outside that the camera is mounted to

2010gmcyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced my OEM camera with an aftermarket when I replaced my head unit. I did take off the inside panel of the rear hatch when I was routing the wires. Also one thing to note, I had to make a new bracket for mine. The factory camera mounted at a 45 degree angle, and the replacement mounted at a 90 degree angle. Not sure if that will be the case for everyone, but it was something I ran into.

Check out this post for a some great info about the install process:
https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thr...aftermarket-head-unit-–-auto-vox-cam1.112309/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos