Replace ltz rear vew replace with fancy camera mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PatDTN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm starting to consider a nicer rear view mirror with full time camera that offers different views like wide angle or normal plus dash cam function.

My issue is I don't know what all my mirror does. Self dimming, OnStar, some light sensor, what else? I guess I could talk to Crutchfield...

ARAMP1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind getting rid of the onstar crap on my mirror. Adding an integrated camera would be icing on the cake.

OP
OP
PatDTN

PatDTN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ever since I rode in my brother's new Blazer and saw his mirror I've wanted one. Got an ad from Crutchfield with one in it and thought I'd take a step closer and see what I lose changing it out.

OP
OP
PatDTN

PatDTN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are a lot of other options too. One had options for side cameras too.

qcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine clips on over the OEM mirror and looks fine on the inside. I retain all the mirror functions, but now have a full time recording rear camera view. It’s great when my cargo is floor to ceiling.

Carlos Pelayo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind getting rid of the onstar crap on my mirror. Adding an integrated camera would be icing on the cake.
Hello there, take a look at Gentex Rear View Mirror website. I should they have what you’re looking for.

OP
OP
PatDTN

PatDTN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello there, take a look at Gentex Rear View Mirror website. I should they have what you’re looking for.
I've looked their offerings over in the past and they may well have what I want but I don't like the idea of strapping a mirror over mine. I greatly prefer replacing my mirror entirely and gaining a dash cam in the same step. The trouble is I don't know what all my mirror is tied into.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Icyagent