Replace cigarette plug with this

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did a little testing and the majority of my USB and cigarette lighter plugs turn off when the ACC is turned off
From what I can gather right now the only auxiliary port that continues to stay on even when the key is out and the car is off and locked is the rear cigarette lighter on the driver side between the mid and third row.

The front cigarette lighter plug and the two front USB plugs shut off when the vehicle is off as well as the cigarette plug and two usb inside center console and the same applies to the two USB ports on the backside of the console. I have not tried the two 110v ports I have in the truck as I have only needed them while driving
That's weird, all of mine are powered all the time, key in or not.

Ohannon7

Reaction score
Did a little testing and the majority of my USB and cigarette lighter plugs turn off when the ACC is turned off
From what I can gather right now the only auxiliary port that continues to stay on even when the key is out and the car is off and locked is the rear cigarette lighter on the driver side between the mid and third row.

The front cigarette lighter plug and the two front USB plugs shut off when the vehicle is off as well as the cigarette plug and two usb inside center console and the same applies to the two USB ports on the backside of the console. I have not tried the two 110v ports I have in the truck as I have only needed them while driving
I am replacing the cigarette lighter power ports to usb and ones that read the voltage bc ours seems to not be getting a full charge.

I’ve been doing some testing and think that is the only port that stays on. My mission is it get them to all turn off when the car does bc kids keep leaving stuff plugged in and it’s killing the battery.

Ohannon7

Reaction score
That is pretty cool, but a lot of the replacement sockets (usb, voltmeter, etc) require access to the back in order to thread the collar down the back of the socket to snug it against the cars console.

I tried to figure out how to pop off the trim to access that plug today but failed. I didn’t find any videos on YouTube either which is weird. The Tahoe one is not the same apparently.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is pretty cool, but a lot of the replacement sockets (usb, voltmeter, etc) require access to the back in order to thread the collar down the back of the socket to snug it against the cars console.

I tried to figure out how to pop off the trim to access that plug today but failed. I didn’t find any videos on YouTube either which is weird. The Tahoe one is not the same apparently.
trim around radio pops off
then you can take the screws out from the hvac control slide it out a little then you can remove the screws for the lower piece and pull it out.
there are plastic tabs that prevent you from doing it any other way
if you want the cigarette ports to power off then you need to run fused jumper wires to acc power instead in place of where the fuses are already

Ohannon7

Reaction score
trim around radio pops off
then you can take the screws out from the hvac control slide it out a little then you can remove the screws for the lower piece and pull it out.
there are plastic tabs that prevent you from doing it any other way
if you want the cigarette ports to power off then you need to run fused jumper wires to acc power instead in place of where the fuses are already
Idk about the OP, but you just solved both of my current issues.
You are appreciated!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trickystick19

Latest posts