Replace cigarette plug with this

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to remove the cigarette plug next to the two port USB in the front console with this device but will it easily fit in place of the cigarette circle plug?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cannot confirm for sure, but it should be pretty easy to measure/guesstimate the diameter of the opening that the cigarette lighter device is installed into. You are looking for an approximate 28mm diameter hole for it to fit.

OP
OP
Ghost10

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cannot confirm for sure, but it should be pretty easy to measure/guesstimate the diameter of the opening that the cigarette lighter device is installed into. You are looking for an approximate 28mm diameter hole for it to fit.
Do you know how to remove this?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    420.6 KB · Views: 5

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it is like most traditional cigarette lighter sockets, it will have some spring clips (part of the cigarette lighter housing) that protrude from the housing, which holds the housing in place when it is pushed into the dash hole. You will probably have to attack it from the back and push those clips in, so that you can extract the housing from the front.

OP
OP
Ghost10

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did a little testing and the majority of my USB and cigarette lighter plugs turn off when the ACC is turned off
From what I can gather right now the only auxiliary port that continues to stay on even when the key is out and the car is off and locked is the rear cigarette lighter on the driver side between the mid and third row.

The front cigarette lighter plug and the two front USB plugs shut off when the vehicle is off as well as the cigarette plug and two usb inside center console and the same applies to the two USB ports on the backside of the console. I have not tried the two 110v ports I have in the truck as I have only needed them while driving

OP
OP
Ghost10

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only USB port that stays on is inside the radio box behind the display BUT that area is suspiciously hot like an oven due to the black dash soaking up the heat!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076