RENAMED!! The adventures of Chase and his 2006 Yukon XL Denali!! Follow along on my travels!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X2! Looking good Chase!

Did you do something different with your front badge? I thought you had the GMC painted to match..?
I had a painted GMC logo. And the paint didn’t last. So I took it off and vinyl wrapped it. Kinda liked it but wasn’t crazy about the imperfect vinyl wrap job. Lol. So I took it off. I actually ordered a replacement logo that’s done in a “carbon fiber look”. It looks good. But the mounts don’t match my mounting spot on my grille. The listing said it fit and it doesn’t. So I haven’t decided what I’m gonna out there. right now it’s just blank.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I had a painted GMC logo. And the paint didn’t last. So I took it off and vinyl wrapped it. Kinda liked it but wasn’t crazy about the imperfect vinyl wrap job. Lol. So I took it off. I actually ordered a replacement logo that’s done in a “carbon fiber look”. It looks good. But the mounts don’t match my mounting spot on my grille. The listing said it fit and it doesn’t. So I haven’t decided what I’m gonna out there. right now it’s just blank.
Might be as easy as just drilling new mounting holes.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Nope. It has plastic tabs where the mounting screws are supposed to thread into the back of the logo itself. And they’re not lined up with the holes in the back of the grill for the logo Mount.
Sometimes you need to McGyver stuff. If it was me--depending because I'd have to see it in person--I MIGHT break off the tabs and use some 2 part epoxy and epoxy it in the proper location--or--drill new holes to fit the new mounting tabs. There's more then 1--or 2--ways to skin a cat.

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes you need to McGyver stuff. If it was me--depending because I'd have to see it in person--I MIGHT break off the tabs and use some 2 part epoxy and epoxy it in the proper location--or--drill new holes to fit the new mounting tabs. There's more then 1--or 2--ways to skin a cat.
Yup. I was thinking to cut the tabs off, file it down smooth form the breaks, and then drill holes for the screws.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vadenA77