Removing interior trim panels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Martinjmpr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any good write-ups or you-tubes on how to remove some of the interior trim panels? Now that I have my 2nd battery installed I need to run some wires along the floor of the driver's side. I need a 10g wire to run to the fender cover panel (whatever that's called) that's right behind the passenger seat (2nd row seat) on the driver's side. I want to hide the wires under trim panels for safety and for a clean look.

Thanks in advance!

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Which interior panels? The lower plates usually they just pull straight up and out. Such as the sill plates, kick plate.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Martinjmpr

As Tonyrodz said, the kick plates/sill plates pull straight up. The B pillar pulls out once you pop off the driver and passenger kick plates. The curved panel that goes over the wheel well pulls off as well, but be aware of the small screw just forward of the cup holder. I cannot remember offhand the head size.

If you continue back to the drivers side panel over the wheel well and back to the lift gate, you need to pull the bottom plate on the floor, then check the D pillar piece and there is one small screw in the floor by the jack that the big piece (where the sub cutout is located) slides around. Check that screw before you try to yank the trim piece up. Hope that makes sense in text as I can visualize it when I replaced my carpet and headliner.

Just watch the few screws, especially that curved piece by the 2nd row seats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xay2Smoove