Removing door chime (00-06)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ROBERTOcritser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's hillarious, who the hell had time to sit and try that, and how many other things did he try before "Hey I think I'll turn the key to the on position and plug/unplug my seatbelt 20 times" popped into his head lol.

Usually you can go to a dealer and ask them how to do it and they can tell you or atleast find out how. Lots of people do stuff like that to remove seatbelt chimes. and they usually require pluggin and unpluggin the seatbelt a certain number of times within a certain amount of time(some vehicles you gotta do it pretty quick.) They arent really big secrets or anything they just dont advertise it(obviously)

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
so how do you do it for the '03 and up I really want to know I work on my doors a lot and want some music without having to hear the chime

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
:p how do you work on the door with the door closed?
like installing sound deadening or installing speakers window down won't help.

I know someones done it...

ecordell

CordellDesigns.com
Reaction score
Stop by your nearest stealership and ask them if it can be done. or.......

click your ruby red slippers 3 times while repeating "Please take the chimes away....."

tast101

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice writeup. I moved it to the tech section, so it'll be with the other write ups.

OP
OP
N

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
still no response to the '03-'06 removal of the door chime...

im pretty sure you cant do much about it unless you get an aftermarket radio, but i would imagine there is a wire you can clip that goes into the harness...all the doors give a signal to the radio, to make the chime through the speakers..there should be a main wire that carries the signal..either you can clip it, or set it up on a relay like the mod for making a screen bypass the parking brake

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aye_rod

Latest posts