Removing door chime (00-06)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dunno if i posted this up here but here it is. The easiest way to get rid of the ******** door chime.

First you find this box under your dash. You have to remove the heater duct to get to it (just silde it out of the main part and unclip it)
DSCN0897.jpg
unhook the wires from the box

Pop the box apart(just a few clips on it)

Then find this little black circle inside the box. Its into the circuit board, so just wiggle it lose and pull it off. It wont affect anything else so you will be fine. ive done it on may trucks with no issues..
DSCN0896.jpg
now you can have your door open while working on something and not hear the chime..

hope this helps everyone

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
good write up! I just turn my key one more position and the chime stops even with the doors open...plus, sometimes I forget that I turned my headlights on manually and it reminds me..or if the rear access isnt closed...still, good idea though! :)

OP
OP
N

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well if you turn the key foward it powers the coils, which makes the battery die 10x faster..plus all the hvac is on along with the dash cluster...so if your at a party or something and want your doors open for music or whatever, it dies so much faster..

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
It was soo much easier to disable on my old car once someone discovered the secret disable code. All you had to do was turn the key to "on" then plug and unplug your seatbelt 20 times, then turn the car on and voila....no more annoying chime. Sounds silly, but it worked....lol

ecordell

CordellDesigns.com
Reaction score
That's hillarious, who the hell had time to sit and try that, and how many other things did he try before "Hey I think I'll turn the key to the on position and plug/unplug my seatbelt 20 times" popped into his head lol.

05Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont think this will work on 03 and up trucks. the chime goes through the speakers on the newer ones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345