Removing chrome fender trim, Pain in the ass!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

"350Vortec"

*Tahoeless, For now*
Reaction score
So i just went out to remove my chrome trim and it was real close to getting dark so i had little time. But big deal, Few screws, no big deal. Wow!!!! on every fender there was one screw that just wouldnt come out! So i had to put every screw back in and call it quits because it got dark. God i am so mad right now lol. Anyone else have this problem?

Also anyone have a picture of there tahoe with the plastic molding still on but the chrome fender trim off?

TahoeGoBoom

blue interior guy
Reaction score
mine was a pain in the ass too. i actually have one side off and one side on. not like it matters, you only see one side at a time. theres still a screw in one of the holes on the side that has em off.
if anyone knows how to fix this, im all ears...

OP
OP
"350Vortec"

"350Vortec"

*Tahoeless, For now*
Reaction score
mine was a pain in the ass too. i actually have one side off and one side on. not like it matters, you only see one side at a time. theres still a screw in one of the holes on the side that has em off.
if anyone knows how to fix this, im all ears...

i was thinking of drilling them out or dremel with a cutting wheel to the head of the screw.

TahoeGoBoom

blue interior guy
Reaction score
thats what i'm starting to think as well. i really wanna get a nice set of painted flares, but for now i just want the old ones off. lol

OP
OP
"350Vortec"

"350Vortec"

*Tahoeless, For now*
Reaction score
thats what i'm starting to think as well. i really wanna get a nice set of painted flares, but for now i just want the old ones off. lol

after i get them off im buying the paintable flares on ebay for $160 shipped.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
just use a cutoff wheel or drill like you said then take pliers to the screw and get it out, if you don't you'll catch your wash rags and chamois with it every time

lakwandaphillips

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Fender Trim

Also anyone have a picture of there tahoe with the plastic molding still on but the chrome Fender Trim off?

It's great to see enthusiasts sharing ideas about fender trims. Many people equip their cars with massive tires and other add-ons. I think the fender trim is a great sophisticated accessory that will endure. :)

TonyJ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yikes!

On the stubborn ones, make sure your phillips head is the right size and use a light hammer to tap the end of the screw driver. It should break the screw free. Also on tough screws and bolts, try tightening them a tad. Then they usually loosen easier.

Danny_Z56

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought about taking the chrome trim off mine as well...hmmmm.I still have yet to remove the side moldings too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo