Remove luggage rack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99YukonJS

Reaction score
Everything is outside, you need a star bit to get them out though if I remember right. Just unscrew them all And it will come right off, there was a lot of filth under mine when I did it.

Oh sweet ! Thank you very much for your help. :cheers:

OP
OP
1defyag

1defyag

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thankyou, I can't wait to get mine off it seems like such an eyesore to me.

picture.jpg

99YukonJS

Reaction score
Yeah it will definitely look better on your truck (I mean...off your truck lol).

I'm replacing mine with this. (warning it's not finished ;))

smallPICT0042.gif

99YukonJS

Reaction score
Woah sweet rack!

Thanks for your kind words. :)

So I started taking my factory rack off yesterday...and well bad news for me, one bolt didn't come off because of rust. I think the threaded insert inside the vehicle came undone (spot-welded maybe?) and now it's spinning without going anywhere.

So if you can reach, try lubing the bolts. ;)

riviera rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if any of them get stuck or break just drill them out, but ya you dont have to remove any interior panels just remove all the screws holding it on up on top of the truck, mine is also coming off when i bring it in to paint it but im fiberglassing and priming all the holes so they are smooth :)

OP
OP
1defyag

1defyag

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got mine off. Looks 10x better. Used silicone for the holes untill I get to start the work body.
Thanks again guys...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21RST