Remote Start. Riddle me this...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Philpug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I am using a remote start, chances are it is damn cold out ..why does not the heat come on HIGH, seat heaters activated and heated steering wheel all come on?

Reaction score
On my 2012 all but the heated steering wheel comes on. I believe I've read that the hvac needs to be set to AUTO for this.

Also, the heater won't start blowing out air until the coolant reaches a certain temp. This keeps it from blowing cold air on you until it warms up a bit.

markni12301

Reaction score
I am going to say odd also. My 2015 Yukon Denali is acting the same way. It's 1° F here and I made sure the setting is on and my heated seat does not turn on nor does the heated steering wheel. Watching this thread...

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here. Set to "on" in the settings but doesn't do it.
My 2018 CT6 starts with heated seats and steering wheel. Also automatically comes on when you start it based on the outside temperature.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When my 2015 Yukon Denali is set to on for the heated seats and they turn on when I use the remote start.

I do know there is not a way to turn on the heated steering wheel function with the remote start; You’ll have to wait until you get into the vehicle and start it to manually hit the bottom on the steering wheel. First world problems…

But through the vehicle setting menu you can set it so that the defrost turns on with remote start and you can also select the fan speed for the defrost in those settings also.

Jeff_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From the digging around on other forums I did last night I read that for the K2’s when you remote start (in 44° or less), the heated seats turn on in the lowest heat setting but no light will indicate as such. Once you insert the key or click the push to start, the heated seats turn off.
Since we all likely have leather seats it takes even longer to feel the heat.
People on some other GM truck forums saying if you’re only remote starting and hopping in within 5 minutes you won’t feel it at all.

I’m going to test this theory tonight by letting it remote start and idle for 10 minutes or so, since it’s ~27° here in Idaho right now.

Onlyone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the heat is set to auto it will come on when you remote start. If your heated seats and steering was activated when you shut it off, it will come back on during the remote start.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitransmission