Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No not too my knowledge. Its a 5.3 LM7. When I took it apart it looked pretty dirty and stock.

Thanks for letting me know, I felt like I should have those to test it. Not sure what to do now lol thanks again for the help
I would maybe call a dealer and give them the last 8 of your vin and verify if it should have the can bus pin's. to me it seems wierd that it wouldn't.
when something like a ls swap is done then they only have 4 pins on the obd port, without them I don't see how say a srs module could be programmed.
when you connect the tech2 does it show commuinication with the various modules? door switch, etc

OP
OP
S

stretchit

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would maybe call a dealer and give them the last 8 of your vin and verify if it should have the can bus pin's. to me it seems wierd that it wouldn't.
when something like a ls swap is done then they only have 4 pins on the obd port, without them I don't see how say a srs module could be programmed.
when you connect the tech2 does it show commuinication with the various modules? door switch, etc
Gotchya, im going to do that. Yea It shows alot of modules when I plug it in.

OP
OP
S

stretchit

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think this may be my CAN BUS? it was taped right on top of the harness. I remember watching a old video on a Silverado and yhey had a slice pak instead of the two pins.

Attachments

• 20240521_172525.jpg
    20240521_172525.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 4

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think this may be my CAN BUS? it was taped right on top of the harness. I remember watching a old video on a Silverado and yhey had a slice pak instead of the two pins.
i'm stumped, I don't even have a gmt900 around right now to even look myself and verify, the closest thing I can find to it is on a ssr forum
from what they are saying it's not something to mess with.

OP
OP
S

stretchit

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i'm stumped, I don't even have a gmt900 around right now to even look myself and verify, the closest thing I can find to it is on a ssr forum
from what they are saying it's not something to mess with.

Ok awesome, thanks for all the help. It's the splice that controls can. I just have to look up a way to test and should be good to go.

OP
OP
S

stretchit

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I wonder if thier is an adapter from tech2 to the splice pack?

OP
OP
S

stretchit

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@Doubeleive
Good news, I was replacing my front passenger fog light pigtail and got lucky and found this ground wire that connects to it almost about to split in two. Im feeling very hopefull that could of been my problem the whole time sheesh....
The plastic protection case showed no signs of damaged but the ground fked. Wild. Will post update soon...... crossing my fingers

Attachments

• image000000(3).jpg
    image000000(3).jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 7

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1st tahoe