" Reduced acceleration" warning / CEL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BrokerThis

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
Ill be dropping it off tomorrow regardless. But one would think your statement is logical and true.... but these lazy ass dealers/shops nowadays are like "oh we can't duplicate it or see anything wrong, so just wait for it to happen again and bring it to us when it's actively going on"

OP
OP
BrokerThis

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
Here was the codes dealer pulled up from their system. Sitting n waiting for diagnosis. They gave me a brand new Acadia denali for a loaner, so that was courteous of them.

20230505_074403.jpg

ESTTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have you heard back what was the issue?
I have 2021 Tahoe High Country and last week encountered a similar issue. While driving on the highway, transmission suddenly stopped shifting higher gears and felt like on Neutral. "Reduced Acceleration" message and CEL. Arrived home and next morning the reverse gear stopped working. Took it to service shop but haven't heard back anything so far...
Located in Estonia, Europe with no official GM dealership for Tahoe. Imported car so I purely relay on the technicians & mechanics in the local shop (they seem to be experienced though with US made cars).

OP
OP
BrokerThis

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
Haven't heard back from my dealer yet. Dropped off last Friday.... as soon as i get it back, I will be posting the report and any information they give me to help others out that might run into this issue as well.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't heard back from my dealer yet. Dropped off last Friday.... as soon as i get it back, I will be posting the report and any information they give me to help others out that might run into this issue as well.
Based on those codes it's probably the solenoid. They will replace it.

OP
OP
BrokerThis

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
Dealer update today " haven't gotten to look at it yet. Both the diesel and trans techs are backed up" ... supposedly my rig was 4th in line for diagnosis when dropping it off friday.. seems weird they wouldn't be able to accomplish one vehicle a day if that was true .... but maybe they also knew it was going to take a pretty long time, which is why they put me in a brand new Acadia denali for the loaner. Who knows! Will update as it comes along though.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer update today " haven't gotten to look at it yet. Both the diesel and trans techs are backed up" ... supposedly my rig was 4th in line for diagnosis when dropping it off friday.. seems weird they wouldn't be able to accomplish one vehicle a day if that was true .... but maybe they also knew it was going to take a pretty long time, which is why they put me in a brand new Acadia denali for the loaner. Who knows! Will update as it comes along though.
Its possible but even for something simple they won't jump the line as it won't be fair. We never did when I worked as a tech. First come first serve.

OP
OP
BrokerThis

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
Just got it back and they replaced a valve. Will update this if it happens down the road. Hopefully this will be able to help anybody out in the future and doesn't happen to me again!

20230519_122310.jpg

buhamad112

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just got it back and they replaced a valve. Will update this if it happens down the road. Hopefully this will be able to help anybody out in the future and doesn't happen to me again!

View attachment 399727
Hi, does this issue resolved with valve replacment ? did you get the issue again ? i am still suffering of this issue and the dealer dont know how to diagnosis the issue. if this is the solution i am going to drop your report to them to do the same. appreciate your reply.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094