Red wire with Black trace

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RogerK

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
After my new engine was installed by GMC dealer, there is a red wire w/black trace going to nowhere right underneath the master cylinder. Does anyone know where that wire should go? It is a #14 maybe even a #12 size. I asked the dealer, they did not seem to know or care.
2010 GMC Yukon XL 1500 SLT 5.3L.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After my new engine was installed by GMC dealer, there is a red wire w/black trace going to nowhere right underneath the master cylinder. Does anyone know where that wire should go? It is a #14 maybe even a #12 size. I asked the dealer, they did not seem to know or care.
Likely either for a trailer brake controller or the deprecated heated windshield washers.

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trace it back to where it comes from may help identify.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Likely either for a trailer brake controller
^^^X2^^^

I believe if you want power to the trailer connector, that wire gets connected to the front of the fuse box (UBEC) where there are two studs.
Might also have to put a fuse in the fuse box..

trailer.png

OP
OP
R

RogerK

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The info was correct. Thank you good forum members. It went to the 7 way trailer plug receiver, the 12VDC power for charging a battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz