Fm stations staticky

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schmule05

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all. I’m new to the thread, however have been following for a while. I have a 2002 GMC Yukon xl SLT without the Bose system. About a month ago I was just cruising down the highway listen to my phone(on a little fm receiver) and out of nowhere my sound went super quiet and very staticky. I’ve been trying to trouble shoot why this is. I’ve checked grounds, and all electrical wire and all seem to be in good shape. As of late there has been some sound able to come out of the fm stations, but not very much. Whenever I try to listen to a radio station the reception sounds very bad, and there is a ton of static. If anyone knows what is going on or has an idea please let me know! I’m really not trying to replace anything as I love the way the stock system looks and functions. Thank you in advance!

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the sound bad on AM or playing a CD?
Delco stereos are pretty reliable but after 20+ years it could be just a bad component in the FM tuner.

OP
OP
Schmule05

Schmule05

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Delco stereos are pretty reliable but after 20+ years it could be just a bad component in the FM

Delco stereos are pretty reliable but after 20+ years it could be just a bad component in the FM tuner.
Cd and cassette work perfectly. Nice and loud. However where I live barely gets any am reception. However it does work when I go to the city. Occasionally the fm will work for a second with no static. Then when I turn the vehicle of and go back to it the next time, it’s back to not working/ having very low sound and very staticky.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo