Recommended tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ron McKuin

Reaction score
My new 2019 Yukon SLT came equipped with 20” Continental tires, when I complained about low speed road noise, the dealer changed them to Michelin Defenders. I don’t think think that change was an improvement!!

What is your favorite tire brand for an SUV like mine, that would still provide performance and above all, a quiet ride.

All suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My new 2019 Yukon SLT came equipped with 20” Continental tires, when I complained about low speed road noise, the dealer changed them to Michelin Defenders. I don’t think think that change was an improvement!!

What is your favorite tire brand for an SUV like mine, that would still provide performance and above all, a quiet ride.

Welp! Here we go again!

75% will say Michelin’s are the best, 15% will say Bridgestone and the rest will be split up among Duratracs, KO2’s and a smattering of other brands.

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I'd suggest that since you are now running the "best" tire on the vehicle and the noise is still an issues, maybe it's not your tires? Have you have them check alignment, door fitment, other body seals, etc?

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2018 Tahoe LT with stock Continental’s have no noise issue. What kind of noise are you having?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

Ron McKuin

Reaction score
I'd suggest that since you are now running the "best" tire on the vehicle and the noise is still an issues, maybe it's not your tires? Have you have them check alignment, door fitment, other body seals, etc?

The dealer replaced the rear shocks, replaced the original set of tires, checked for loose parts, wrapped brake cables with padding, checked balance and alignment.

OP
OP
R

Ron McKuin

Reaction score
My 2018 Tahoe LT with stock Continental’s have no noise issue. What kind of noise are you having?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like the tires have 100 psi!! Bumps and rumbling coming from front??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thebull12