Recommendations for Lift for 2023 Z71 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SSE Dad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm looking into lift kits/leveling kits for my 2023 Z71 Tahoe and want to see if anyone has any good options they found so far that they recommend. I'm interested in 2/2.5 inches and maybe up to 3/3.5 inches. This will be my first time adding a lift to something that didn't already have it so any thoughts/advice/discussion is much appreciated for things I may not be thinking of. I'm just trying to give it a little more aggressive stance without changing too much or messing up ride quality, etc.

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Less is more :)

Seriously though, going with a spacer style lift/level adds stress to the front end. Articulation, ride and lifespan of the components will be impacted. Not all gloom and doom in my opinion, but if you add height you better be using it for bigger tires, otherwise it's just cosmetics.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you need a 1-1.5" level, otherwise the tire will look punnie.

if it has air ride, you can adjustable links and get he lift from the bags, but that will firm up the ride depending on amount of lift...more air = stiffer ride

OP
OP
S

SSE Dad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
you need a 1-1.5" level, otherwise the tire will look punnie.

if it has air ride, you can adjustable links and get he lift from the bags, but that will firm up the ride depending on amount of lift...more air = stiffer ride
Thank you both, are there 1-1.5 inch lifts out there that don't negatively impact the ride quality and wear out other parts more quickly?

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
everyone will jump on the debate on what hinders the parts...
personally, the upper ball joint angle is the big factor on these.

1.5" is nothing, and the silverados have the same configuration for the front coils

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you both, are there 1-1.5 inch lifts out there that don't negatively impact the ride quality and wear out other parts more quickly?
Nope,
The way they work is they extend the suspension which adds the stress. The smaller the extension the less the stress the less the impacts.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope,
The way they work is they extend the suspension which adds the stress. The smaller the extension the less the stress the less the impacts.

Not sure if they will be coming out with something like this for these rigs eventually, but i know with the half ton ram air suspension you can buy spacers that actually push the bags down along with the extended ride height rods, so the bags are not “over inflated” per-say to gain the added height.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would imagine, that already exist...i the sense that one could use a SPACER for the coil setup but place it on the bag set up...if they are coilover type and not the shock style.

in most cases, when you look at lifts, a 4" start the transition to HARD PARTS being replaced, this relocates mounting points to a distance further from the vehicles frame, thus creating a higher ride height. do you gain travel ??? usually not, but you do gain height. level kits started as just that, a means to LEVEL the vehicle, either by a slight raising of the front, or lowering of the rear.

but lie everything else, people wanted more for less...hence the multi inch level kits, now named suspension lift. problem is, more is not better...and then add STANCE by heavily negative offset wheels...and your ball joints are way over stressed.

how may have you seen with castor that cannot be corrected simply due to leverage against the ball joint. VERY DANGEROUS to have this setup, and dont even get one started on wheel spacers....

best bet is to speak with or contract known professionals about the lift choice and wheel fitment. you wont see Carli, Thuren, or any real SUSPENSION SYSTEM company build a vehicle with that style.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2” level works perfectly fine on pretty much any truck with no real negative consequences. Ran one on our ‘11 suburban for almost 10 years, never an issue. Got the rough country level on our ‘21 and so far it’s also great. Subtle change in appearance and rides nearly identical to stock