Recalibrate for larger than stock wheels and tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a way to do this? We tried with my tech2 clone, but failed. Not only is my wheel size absent from the available choices, but there wasn't anything even near it. I'd really like to get my speedometer back to being accurate.

Thanks!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a way to do this? We tried with my tech2 clone, but failed. Not only is my wheel size absent from the available choices, but there wasn't anything even near it. I'd really like to get my speedometer back to being accurate.

Thanks!
The Tech-2 is supposed to be able to set the tire size on the 800s. @Doubeleive

I can't see those menus but we've talked about it before on here over the years.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Can you do this for free? I went from the stock 265 70 16 to 265 70 17 and was unable to do it, even tho that size is listed.

EDIT--I was using my Tech 2.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S33k3r

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, this is the Chinacardiags clone. It will set that stuff, it's just from a picklist, and nothing even resembling my combination is on the picklist.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are menu pathing options listed for Tech 2...

New Tire Size
Chassis > 4WAL 3 Sensor > Special Functions > Tire Size Calibration
Chassis > 4WAL 4 Sensor > Special Functions > Tire Size Calibration
Chassis > ABS > Special Functions > Tire Size Calibration
Chassis > Hydraulic 4WAL 4 Sensor > Special Functions > Tire Size Calibration

I did not change anything, but this is where I saw it while I was poking around for my ABS sensors...
New Tire Size – Chassis > ABS > Special Functions > Tire Size Calibration

265/70 R17 was listed as an option, but I did not change anything because that is what my Z71 came with and was already programmed for that size.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S33k3r

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I and a friend ran through the list and chose the largest option provided. It is still smaller than the 275/70R18 I'm running. I'll hook up the Tech II again, at some point (it's 37 degrees right now), and snap a picture of the options. I was considering the purchase of HP Tuners anyway, so this is just one more reason to get it.

Alex_M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HP Tuners is a great tool to have. The hundred dollar license fee for every additional vehicle sucks, but at the end of the day I've found it to be worth it both for speedometer correction and to adjust transmission tuning to help with longevity.

Very surprised that tuner didn't have any sizes to choose from that were 33".

I have also found that most of my vehicles I have done corrections on, when calibrated to GPS speed, have liked to be set to a tire diameter around half an inch smaller than the true size.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt