Reasons to keep OEM wheels after upgrades?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmartin1215

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently upgraded the wheels on my 09 Tahoe. The biggest reason I wanted different wheels is that I needed something with less backspace for my suspension upgrades. My OEM wheels were still usable with my current tires on the new suspension, but I eventually will go for a larger tire.
Now I am uncertain what to do with the OEM wheels - keep them or sell them.
Selling will give more space in the garage and help pay for the new wheels.
However, this voice in the back of my head says to keep them for "just in case" scenarios.

For those of you who have decided to upgrade your wheels, what did you decide to do with your OEM wheels and why?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I would keep them in case you change back to stock or if you ever decide to sell the rig, the new owner wants them to go back to stock. Besides, what are they worth could help make the decision too. Is there a market for the OE wheels at a decent price?

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still have mine in the garage (w/o tires) and probably should get rid of them. I kept them "just in case" the need for snow tire/wheel combo arose - guess what, highly unlikely I will need them as existing tires are snow rated so its pointless. Well, looks like they will become part of my spring clean out - lol!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Full Disclosure: Contrary to my advice above to sell them, I have to admit that I still have a complete set of OEM wheels and tires with less that 25 miles on them in my shed from my 2015 Honda Fit purchase. Immediately after the purchase, I changed the wheel/tire combo to a wider wheel and lower profile tire. And, I know that I will never use them again.
So, do as I say, and not as I do. :Grenade:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9