Rearview mirror readout issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rownell

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just bought 2003 Tahoe, solid truck with a few quirks to work out. #1. Mirror readouts (direction, temp, passenger air bag) come on at start up, then start flickering after a few minutes and then shuts off. I read it might need to be re soldered at contact points. Any suggestions.

#2. Drivers heated seat. I hit either button to turn on the heater and it flashes once and won't stay on. Passenger side works fine.

#3. Drivers seat will not raise or lower. All other functions work perfectly.

#4. It has the Bose sound system with 6 disc CD player. Player was full of CD's when I bought but they won't eject.

I have only had the truck for a week and I really like it. I have not had a chance to look into any of these items myself yet. Looking for suggestions and/or starting points.

Thanks for your help

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
2. Pretty comment the elements take a dump. Replace both, or disconnect and check with a multi meter to see which one is short or open circuit

3. Can you hear the motor turning? When I got mine the adjuster somrhow popped off the screw. Put it back on, greased it up, never had another issue. You'll need to inspect the switch, motor, mechanism, and general overview of the wiring / plugs go make sure nothing is chafed or disconnected. If after testing all of them, you find they're good, then it cns be inferred that the control module is bad. Just need to get in there and start looking

Not sure about 1 and 4 sorry

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
#4. for the most part your sol it can be repaired but it would probably be cheaper to just replace it with an aftermarket unit. you could try finding one online but unless your set on having the 6 disc changer it would probably still end up cheaper getting an aftermarket hu.

OP
OP
R

Rownell

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just checked. I don't hear the motor running and that same switch tilts the seat as well. That doesn't work either. Leads me to believe it must be in the wiring. Hopefully it should not be a big deal. If it turns out to be the elements on the seat heaters, how difficult is it to replace them and where would be a good place to get them?

Thanks, I appreciate your input.

#4. for the most part your sol it can be repaired but it would probably be cheaper to just replace it with an aftermarket unit. you could try finding one online but unless your set on having the 6 disc changer it would probably still end up cheaper getting an aftermarket hu.
Yeah. My take is the reader is bad. Once in a while I can get a CD to play. I read the manual last night (what a concept) and if a CD is playing I should be able to eject it. But with that changer it is like a 25 second process. I need to be more patient maybe. I just wish they had left some good music in it.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I literally just swapped head units yesterday. Same issue .Super common. Its a pretty straight forward switch.

The seats .I went with seat shop. Got new drivers bolster .Foam and heat element while in there .Pain in the ass but worth it.

Mirror. I watched youtube repair vids .But for 20 bucks I got a donor and put it in. After about a day the new one calibrates to ditection and temp.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wilburMN