Rear Window Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The picture above is photoshopped of what it would look like if it were possible..but its not..

Welcome to the forum!!! You're probably pretty new here, you're probably pretty new to your tahoe/yukon/escalade/escahoe/???. That's awesome, you're welcome here.

Your rear windows won't roll down all the way because the wheel wells push too far into the door to allow the windows to roll down farther than they do. It isn't a child safety feature. This is pretty much the first question people ask when they get here, too. So here you go. Welcome to the forum!!!
:drunk:

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nope, it's the way the door is made. The Tahoes/Yukons (short wheelbase) have doors that are shaped to accommodate the wheelbase, so the glass doesn't have enough room to move down. The Suburbans/XL's have rectangular rear doors, so they allow the glass adequate room to move down completely.

Nice photoshopping btw, Blizzard.

SabrToothSqrl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if the rear window was 2 windows or ended a few inches further forward it would work...

I agree, i dislike it as well... but the tahoe looks sportier and I didn't need the 'burban...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nasahigh303