Rear tail gate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ltzhoe08,

The number to customer assistance is 800-222-1020. Hours: Mon to Sat, 8am to 9pm ET; Closed Sunday.

Thank you,
Caron, GM Customer Service

So again I ask, in what way can you help me at all besides telling gm who will then do nothing.. For everyone else , I have oil dripping down one of the struts so I'm thinking it is blown so all the weight is supported on one side that why its rubbing the inside bumper. Dealing with the dealer by me is the worst.. They carry no parts so no matter what it's at least two trips to dealer before anything gets done...I'm thinking of just bringing it to body shop I know instead..will be a lot faster and much less aggravating .

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

Gm customer service, so can you at least provide me with the number I can call? Thank you

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

It has made a ding and removed some paint. If I open it with control button sometimes opens half way after pushing through the side of bumper but then it closes cause I think it met resistance....if I open it manually , it will go but I must hold it by hand or it will slam shut...it's a heavy door!

cor

Reaction score
I just noticed my 2009 Denali is now doing this. I just washed it and thought I missed some dirt. Sure enough it was where the paint has rubbed off on driver side of the inner part of the bumper. Pulling on the lift gate manually doesn't seem to allow any twisting so I'm going to check the struts next because it only seems to do it when auto closing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyhoe24