23 Yukon XL lift gate foot kick fluke - Soap everywhere mid-wash!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KSweet

Reaction score
Ok I've gotta ask, has anyone else had this happen? I was using my foam cannon on the rear of the Yukon and the hose swept underneath the sensor.... yes you can see where this is going.... I hear the little noise and then rear lift gate opening TO MY HORROR with soap and suds everywhere. I quickly stopped it mid-open and it was getting mad at me about that, but heck, I was not expecting that issue.

With my 17 Tahoe that rear kick thing almost never worked and was dead center (this one is offset to the right). Now the Yukon is *this* sensitive?! I'm really hoping this was a one time occurrence o_O and no, my foot was nowhere near it I was about 3ft back spraying suds!

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know on my 17 I put key fob away from vehicle while washing so that situation doesn't happen. I know it's a mess when gate opens while cleaning vehicle.

pa31p

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turned it off myself. the garden hose when l drag it around the car opens it also.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes…. Many times in all auto tailgate equipped SUVs from the K2 platform forward do it. I detail quite a few of them via my professional business. They all do it. Two solutions as I figured out with hose and such sweeping underneath.
1. Disable auto tailgate via switch in forward overhead console if equipped and use tailgate manually.

2. Put remote fob in the garage while it’s in the driveway for washes. Even when I move it back into garage I still keep it outside the vehicle in the garage so I don’t accidentally lock them with the fob inside. Never had a GM do it I still somewhat don’t trust them and the key out of it just seems like a cheap insurance move for my business hahah. Make sure it never has the chance to lock into it.

OP
OP
K

KSweet

Reaction score
I am feeling much better about not being the only one this has happened to! :hands:

I did consider turning it off but I've been enjoying using it when my hands are full, maybe I'll turn it off pre-wash next time though ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts