Rear spring selection help needed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bayareadude84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those look like knockoff monroe load leveler shocks. I know that people have run those and they eventually squeak when the spring rubs the shock body.

I'd get bilsteins and replace the springs (super easy to do in the rear) if I were deleting the autolevel airride system in the rear. Probably run you in the area of ~$220

On my old denali xl I ran moog 80169 springs with a coil cut off and bilsteins and the ride was good. (stiffer)

Possible they have been "improved" since then ?? The reviews on Amazon are very positive so I thought they were worth a shot ?? Maybe some grease around the springs might help a bit to prevent any squeaks ??

Dave

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Possible they have been "improved" since then ?? The reviews on Amazon are very positive so I thought they were worth a shot ?? Maybe some grease around the springs might help a bit to prevent any squeaks ??

Dave
Anything is possible. Just pointing out that the design looks identical and that was an issue that some had with those.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
similar question: I have the autoride (air-ride) and everything works properly, but.... I am interested in stiffening it up with whatever
air lift 1000
constant rate springs
variable rate springs
other suggestions?
which would be better? I want to keep the air ride and just have more stable handling.
my goal is a sportier ride at stock ride height (less sway) I already have hellwig sway bars front & rear, qa1 panhard bar, boxed lower rear control arms

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I read a thread where stiffer springs were used. It lessened how often factory air ride came on but had no other issues. I’m thinking they were Belltech but could be wrong.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Moog 81069 is z71 or tow package rear springs (taller and stiffer). 81071 is standard non auto ride rear springs.

When I deleted autoride on my denali I got 81069s and cut a coil. Ride height was about the same as with blown airbags but much better controlled. Not too stiff.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
similar question: I have the autoride (air-ride) and everything works properly, but.... I am interested in stiffening it up with whatever
air lift 1000
constant rate springs
variable rate springs
other suggestions?
which would be better? I want to keep the air ride and just have more stable handling.
my goal is a sportier ride at stock ride height (less sway) I already have hellwig sway bars front & rear, qa1 panhard bar, boxed lower rear control arms
I don't think there are many options for springs at stock ride height. The z71 spring with a little trim might be a good choice for you.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think there are many options for springs at stock ride height. The z71 spring with a little trim might be a good choice for you.
these ones are on rockauto but they do not specify if they will work with the electronic dampening control or not, but they sound promising

DAYTON.JPG

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
these ones are on rockauto but they do not specify if they will work with the electronic dampening control or not, but they sound promising

View attachment 246932
Hmm looks like it could be an option. Appears to be Plus 1" ride height. Trim off one dead coil and you are probably around stock. Progressive rate would be nice. The moogs do not appear to be progressive.