rear lowering question?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bsims3996

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i noticed the DJM 5 inch kit has trailing arm relocator and sway bar kit but some of the other brands do not. are they necessary. i also read that the sway bar needed to be moved 3/4 inch to the right, is this necessary and what does it do, thanks for any info

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dropped mine 5 inches and I don't have trailing arm relocator or a sway bar kit and seems to be fine. I asked Max abobut it when I was getting all my stuff and I know he doesn't either and doesn't have any issues without a relocator. Max has shorter sway bar connectors from a Jeep ( I think) and that helps with the angle of the sway bars. You move the sawy bars to the side a little because the it would hit the hump in the differential...

Someone can correct me if I'm off, but I think that's all correct...

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
No issues here, I used some stock rear links off a newer jeep JK because they're 1/2" shorter and I bent the shit out of one parking on snow hills and such. Jeep ones were a bit stronger too...arm/link relocation isn't necessary if anything cut your track bar bracket and move it over a bit. I've been running over 5" drop for a year now with zero issues :cheers:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts