Rear Liftgate Glass Hinge Hardware?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our 2008 lift gate glass rattles around so I am looking for a place to get new hardware at the hinges; pins, inner rubber bushings and inside E clips, but not the hinges. The bushings are rock hard and probably shrunken a bit allowing movement.
Any ideas?

Last edited:

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It maybe the glue. My 2001 needs fixed yet. The glue gave out that holds the hinge to the glass.
That’s a different issue. GM laminated the hinges for the lift supports to the urethane trim that surrounded the glass on the older GMT800 hatches and as a result they would delaminate and separate from the urethane trim. It was fixed on the 2005/2006 SUVs, which is why those hatches don’t have the urethane trim surround. The lift support hinges were laminated directly to the glass to eliminate the separating issue. The GMT900 hates are done the same way as the 2005/2006 hatch setup so it’s likely the OP’s problem is not the hinge points delaminating from the hatch itself.

OP
OP
EddieC

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can induce lateral movement in the hinges so the simplest first step is replacing the pins and especially the interior bushings.
But where to get them?

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can induce lateral movement in the hinges so the simplest first step is replacing the pins and especially the interior bushings.
But where to get them?
Yeah that makes sense. I’d think possibly a junkyard for maybe later GMT900 made replacement but I’m not sure on that. Also maybe check online sources like rock auto and or the GM parts online places to get parts number. They may still make them but not sure. Maybe the GM part numbers might help source them on other sites maybe?

OP
OP
EddieC

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah that makes sense. I’d think possibly a junkyard for maybe later GMT900 made replacement but I’m not sure on that. Also maybe check online sources like rock auto and or the GM parts online places to get parts number. They may still make them but not sure. Maybe the GM part numbers might help source them on other sites maybe?
Nothing shows up on the GM parts sites, atleast in searching for my year. Nothing on RockAuto either.
Maybe it's going to be a Rube Goldberg job in regards to the rubber bushings to tighten up the lateral slop.
And the E clips can be found but not locally being metric. The looks I've gotten at the hardware stores!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan