Rear leveling with ZW7 package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brandon bunn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello I’m new to the group thanks for the add! We have a 2013 2wd tahoe with ZW7 and max tow to pull my race car. I’ve done a bunch of digging and didn’t find much on leveling the rear with ZW7 and not effecting towing.
With that said I want to level the rear so drop about 1.5-2” and not lift the front. I want to run Bilstiens in the front and so far the best thing I found was the mcgauphy’s rear leveling springs with the shock extensions but it DOES NOT have Nivomat shocks so I don’t want to mess up towing with a soft lowering spring
It currently has part number

22811850 springs in the rear (maybe HD? That would explain the hight)

22811844 rear shocks

What about the ppv spring and a Bilstien shock? Or will that ride harsh with that spring

What about a standard size LS spring?

am I on the right track? Is there a better way to do this safely and keep my towing capabilities?

thanks!!!

Last edited:

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you could always get helper bags for towing with the drop springs. I cant really help ya on the zw7 system, just tossing out another option.

That’s basically what im gonna do, but i have regular shocks. (McGs rear drop and helper bags for towing)

OP
OP
brandon bunn

brandon bunn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m going to use a regular LS spring it will drop it an 1.5 inch and it’s the same spring rate as what I have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mont