Rear iPad by RAM Mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the understudy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm sure like most kids these days the screens help us get through a long car ride.
With 3 kids, our youngest in a car seat is still rear facing and needs to be in the middle, then one our oldest in the other middle sat and middle kid in the rear.

Few things I ran into:
- To mount on the middle seat headrest (so mounted for 3rd row viewing)the headrests do not adjust up and down. I went through 4 different RAM Mounts applications before I found one that was close enough.
- 2 different generations of iPads with cases required different applications.

The 3rd row is the RAM Mount Handlebar U-bolt and I had to shave/trim down the spacer to fit between the top of the seat and the headrest since it doesn't adjust up and down. Other than the trimming they're easy to install and work well and can be moved.
(its mounted to a front seat in this pic but I trimmed the thickness down to fit on the middle headrest).
IMG_7956.jpg
The middle row which mounts to one of the front seat headrests is so much easier. Went with the Ram Mount EZ Cradle and Ram Mount Rail Base
IMG_7958.jpg
IMG_7961.jpg
I love Ram Mount products and have a number of their applications for work, I believe you pay for the quality and support.

JerseySUP

Reaction score
I purchased a similar mount off Amazon and it works well. If you're semi-handy, you can actually run the USB power cord through the headrest mount, and down though the seat so that you can plug it into the center console UBS ports. Minimal wire exposure. We bought two mounts, two Amazon Fire HD tablets, cords and two wireless Bluetooth headphones for less than $350. Beats the factory video screens in my opinion.

toi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
proclip is the way to go for this type of stuff.