Rear hatch not opening?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pa-yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Rear liftgate not opening?

I've had my Yukon XL for 11 days now, and for the last 2 days my rear liftgate will not open. If I press the button on the RKE it starts to open, gets about a foot up then beeps and closes. Same thing if I press the button from inside. There is nothing blocking the liftgate from opening or in its way. Anyone else have this issue? I've contacted the dealer but haven't heard back yet.

Last edited:

MortMan

Reaction score
I believe that there is a TSB out there for this problem. Sonething about shims needing to be removed from under the rear spoiler.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is actually a recall dated 12-8-14 "Power Liftgate Inoperable". Document ID# 4042119, Recall # N140300, Service Update #14300 . Hope this helps. Good luck.

OP
OP
P

pa-yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There is actually a recall dated 12-8-14 "Power Liftgate Inoperable". Document ID# 4042119, Recall # N140300, Service Update #14300 . Hope this helps. Good luck.

Thanks for the info! Is there a place I can go to online that shows the that recall? I didn't see this one at http://recalls.gm.com. Will need to get this fixed asap.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Dealer gave me a copy and it has to do with replacing the actuator arm, top left upper side of tailgate. I am not sure if this is your issue but on another GM website it had to do with the spoiler hitting. You may be able to Google that one. I did a Google search on my recall but nothing turned up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fafafyfy