Rear Drivers Side Door Handle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2Seven

Reaction score
My rear drivers side door has recently stopped opening. Both the interior and exterior handle feel "limp" like they arent catching on anything.

I am assuming something came disconnected inside. Is there a way to diagnose and fix this?

If I could get the door open I would take off the interior panel and check, but it won't open at all.

Thanks!

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That blows! You have to find a way to get that door panel off. Or put the window down far as it will go and pull the outer weather-strip off to try and jimmy the door latch linkage at the latch but that is a long shot. Are you sure it is unlocked? Is the lock button pulled up on the inside?

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might run down to the local AAA towing service, they can open most anything. Probably cost a few bucks.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Worst case cut the door panel and you'll need a new panel!
That really sucks though please let us know how you get it open!

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm curious now is it really that tight inside that the panel can't be popped off?

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My rear drivers side door has recently stopped opening. Both the interior and exterior handle feel "limp" like they arent catching on anything.

I am assuming something came disconnected inside. Is there a way to diagnose and fix this?

If I could get the door open I would take off the interior panel and check, but it won't open at all.

Thanks!
Any luck with this?

OP
OP
2Seven

2Seven

Reaction score
Thanks everyone!

I haven't revisited this issue yet. It has been cool and rainy this week.

It is unlocked. I think maybe my son may have been a little too rough with the outside handle getting in and out and popped something loose.

My boss has a friend that owns a towing company so I may see what advice he has.

I'll update this when I figure it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep