Rear disc brake issue- need advise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Have you tried when your hearing the noise to simply push the parking brake pedal down?Would answer the parking brake pads sticking-ask me how i know.I removed mine and thru them in the trash.
Another good recommendation.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Have the backing plates been checked for being bent or rotted enough to scrape when the rotors get hot?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you tried when your hearing the noise to simply push the parking brake pedal down?Would answer the parking brake pads sticking-ask me how i know.I removed mine and thru them in the trash.
Now your whole truck is being held in place by the parking pawl inside the transmission. Not too big a deal if you live in South Florida or Kansas. My driveway is angled, we use the parking brake.

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
Now your whole truck is being held in place by the parking pawl inside the transmission. Not too big a deal if you live in South Florida or Kansas. My driveway is angled, we use the parking brake.
I get it but 53 yrs old and owned over 50 different vehicles and never used the parking brake yet.I removed it because it came apart when towing my boat home and almost left me stranded-swore i would never put it back on eliminating a problem.MY 5th boat and have never used it at the boat ramp either those pawls are very strong-never broke one yet.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get it but 53 yrs old and owned over 50 different vehicles and never used the parking brake yet.I removed it because it came apart when towing my boat home and almost left me stranded-swore i would never put it back on eliminating a problem.MY 5th boat and have never used it at the boat ramp either those pawls are very strong-never broke one yet.
I broke one!, but I break everything, lol

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, they've got to be maintained to stay operational. To each his own.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the issue was with whoever did the surfacing of the old rotors?
But he mentioned it was reputable machine shop. Curious about how they ******* up machining the rotors and the condition of brake lathe used

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep