rear defrost wires came off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Moving my daughter into to school over the weekend and noticed I knocked the drivers side wires off of the window.

How do you remount the rear defrost wires back to the window?

Thanks

byrds6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Permatex makes a kit for it. Although I have heard of people fixing it this way mine still does not work when I tried. I have no continuity lol. I have planned on buying another kit to put some around the outside of the contact to see if I can make it work but havent gotten around to that yet.

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Byrd, I appreciate the quick response.

I'll give it a try and see what happens. Are there several kits available or just one?
Do you have a specific name I can look up?

Thanks again

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm, that's an idea.
How did you go about doing that without damaging the window?

burban2007

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine came off as well. Dealer used some sort of glue on it and it works like a champ. Unfortunately I don't know what type of glue. Sorry

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Realize I'm late to this. The tab came off my 2006 Denali and now as im detailing the 2005 esky esv that belongs to the family I live with the one on her tailgate came off as I was cleaning the tailgate jam under the window. Is soldering a good way to fix it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trickystick19

Latest posts