Rear back up camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JML07denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I put the truck in reverse my nav/radio doesn't engage the rear camera anymore? It's like it doesn't realize it's in reverse. I don't get a black screen like the camera is out. Is there a fuse that controls the rear camera?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if everything else is normal? Reverse lights come on? Park assist comes on? I dont think there is a fuse for just the rear camera but it gets its source of power/activation from something that the camera talks to, I believe.

OP
OP
JML07denali

JML07denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope everything else works fine.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Made sure the feature was turned on in the radio? Any chance someone could've been messing with it? Or maybe it glitched out and turned itself off? Or maybe whatever tells the radio that the car is in reverse (the BCM) glitched out?

OP
OP
JML07denali

JML07denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will check the feature. Where on the radio is it located?

OP
OP
JML07denali

JML07denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked the feature and it's "on". I have a module that allows me to play movies while in motion. It has a hidden feature that if I press the window lock 5x the rear camera comes on. So I know the camera works just fine. I may unplug it and plug it back it to see if that works.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
*Edited to delete everything I just typed cuz you checked it already

You have a LockPick (or similar) module? Maybe it failed. Bypass it and see if it works again.

OP
OP
JML07denali

JML07denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will plug back into factory and see if that does it. I will update once I check it.

OP
OP
JML07denali

JML07denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it looks like the lockpick is toast. I plugged back in all the factory stuff and it works. Now to find another one. Anyone have suggestions?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157

Latest posts